Always Hoppy to work on Arts and Crafts

Always Hoppy to work on Arts and Crafts
Dreaming of Creating A World Filled with Art

Welcome

Like so many others I love to Craft. I wanted to share some of my ideas and get some new ones too from you. I dabble in so many things...I love to Mod Podge, paint, polymer clay, make jewlery, sew and anything I get my grubby hands on. I sell on Etsy and try to do as many craft shows as possible. I hope you will share my in my arts and crafts journey.



Friday, October 29, 2010

Mod Podge Shelf

Hi
This is my first test at setting up a post so please be patient with me as i learn how all this works, and dont give up on me :) .  Hope you will share your ideas and comment all the time.
This little project was done out of frustration on not having enough space in my craft-room.
I had a couple of wooden boards in my garage just waiting to be useful.  As you will find out i need things to be easy ( but i also like messy sometimes )
Gonna give you a step by step on what i did , just in case you get inspired to do the same :)
1- glued (with wood glue ) 2 pieces of wood planks - then just let it dry overnite just to make sure it was dryed completely.
2- painted with white acrylic paint the whole piece ( but you could use whatever color you want )  I did a couple of coats.  Again let it dry... it was quick since acrylic is quick to dry ..yippie
3- measured the boards and cut my scrapbook paper to size.
4- Now the really fun part ---Break out the Mod Podge ( i used Matt ) ..apply a coat of MP (i did paper section by section to make sure MP didnt dry up...) I used foam brush.
5- make sure there are no wrinkles or bubbles in paper ( i had a slight bump where the board met :( )
6- After all sheets are applied let dry...again ( i know i hate the drying time part too.)
7- Apply a coat of MP on top of paper now. .... after that is dry i applied paper punch out embellishments to jazz it up alittle ..even though i knew i was gonna put stuff on top of it....go figure
8- My last step was to apply 2 more coat of MP. 
One shelf down now to start on the top one :)
Hope you enjoyed my 1st post - would luv to hear from you please leave me a comment

Ecofroggy

No comments:

Post a Comment