Always Hoppy to work on Arts and Crafts

Always Hoppy to work on Arts and Crafts
Dreaming of Creating A World Filled with Art

Welcome

Like so many others I love to Craft. I wanted to share some of my ideas and get some new ones too from you. I dabble in so many things...I love to Mod Podge, paint, polymer clay, make jewlery, sew and anything I get my grubby hands on. I sell on Etsy and try to do as many craft shows as possible. I hope you will share my in my arts and crafts journey.



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Some more diversions.....so easily distracted

I was in the mood to play with polymer clay today ... and this is what i came up with.  I made these canes and it is mostly made with translucent clay.  Thin layer of white...thick layer of translucent and mainly colorful pieces of scrap clay...rolled all together thru the pasta machine on the thickest setting and rolled.  Next take a credit card ..push it it long ways, ...then twist roll and above is what you might get.  This was my first time doing this cane but it looked nice and easy and those are my type of cane.  :)

I made a pendant with one of the canes i made.  The pendant underneath is a teal blue and then i tried to shave thin slices of the cane and layer them on the blue  (that's is why it has a blue hue to it , so what ever color you use as your base will totally change the  look of the cane).  Next time i am going to add as one of the layers gold leaving and see how that makes a difference.  I haven't glazed this one yet...not sure i am going to...?

Penguins are always a holiday favorite so i have been trying to assemble several of these little guys for the crafts shows I have coming up.  Let me know what you think...any comments , suggestions or tips.  Hope you have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment